Suggest treatment for rashes on the neck of a 5-year-old

Excellent

Question
My daughter has a rash under the skin it is still smooth. No fever No itching she said there is no pain at all. She's up to date on all her shots she is 5 it started last night on her neck and went down from there none on her face or hair line. She has taken children's allergy medicine. I'm asking if it's just a reaction to something or something more
Fri, 25 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is probably caused by a viral infection!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed this information fully. With she boing uptodate with her vaccines, it is difficult o incriminate one of the common childhood rashes. However, the look is suggestive of a viral cause. Without a fever or any other symptoms and the face entirely spared, there is not just enough information at this time to pinpoint the exact cause.

I recommend you monitor for any changes in appetite, playfulness, fever and the nature of the rash. Should it develop on other areas or evolve to bigger sizes, kindly keep me updated.

No medication for now. Wash baby with clean water and soap as usual. Increased fluid and food intake should be encouraged. I will also suggest he stays away from other kids until we get this fully identified and addressed.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me as new details emerge.

Waiting...