Suggest treatment for rashes on the forearms

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: For about a week now I've had a rash on both my forearms. I thought it might have been an allergic reaction but it's not going away. I thought it was getting better for a day or two but it's worse now and might be getting bigger. Its very itchy, all the time. I haven't been using any new products or detergents with any consistency, I was traveling when this happened but haven't been exposed to anything new or weird I can think of, and now that I'm home there's no difference. I'm really starting to worry about it and it's very uncomfortable.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be eczematous rash or photosensitive rash,

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be an eczematous rash or photosensitive rash.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching for 10-14 days.
This should resolve it.
Besides this avoid harsh soaps on the forearms and stay away from sun.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D