Suggest treatment for rashes on the elbows

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Feb 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have developed a rash which started in the inside of my elbows three days ago and has now spread to my shoulders. I've washed with antibiotic soap and used gold bond crème. The only way to stop the itch is with ice.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be eczematous rash, topical steroid & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
According to your complaints it seems to be eczematous rash.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Also apply a good moisturising cream on the entire arm 2-3 times in a day.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng