Suggest treatment for rashes on the chest

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a rash on my chest, and now it looks like it is in my groin area. Any idea what it might be?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either ringworm infection or intertrigo, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it could be either ringworm infection or intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Either eczematous rash or intertrigo, cortisone cream & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed the attached photograph and it is looking like either eczematous rash or intertrigo.

If I're your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected areas twice for 10-14 days.

For itching take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee