Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
Seems like "keratosis pilaris".
Thanks for trusting HealthcareMagic!
I have gone through your query and the images and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description, it seems that your kid is having a peculiar skin condition called "keratosis pilaris". We have to rule out other conditions before starting the treatment.
Keratosis pilaris is a harmless skin condition which is quite common in infants. It causes small, hard bumps especially over the trunk and back. We have to rule out possible differentials before treatment,which include erythema multiforme, lichen nitidus, body acne, and Ichthyosis follicularis.
A special test called "dermoscopy" may be needed to confirm the diagnosis.
You don't need to worry regarding this as it is self-limiting and complications are extremely rare.
Treatment is mainly conservative. Majority of the cases are self-limiting. The bumps goes away by it own even with out treatment. However you can try the following as an initial line of management.
(1)- Topical moisturizing creams can be tried as a first line thing. It may help her skin look and feel better.
(2)- Topical exfoliants can be used to remove dead skin cells from the surface. You can try over the counter exfoliants containing lactic acid and salicylic acid.
(3)- Topical retinoids and steroids can be used in severe cases, but prescription from a dermatologist is mandatory.
(4)- In advanced and resistant cases laser therapy may be needed.
Please keep in mind that antifungals are ineffective for this condition.
I'd suggest you to consult a dermatologist for expert opinion.
Hope I have answered your query.
Feel free to contact in case of further queries.
I already know that from your query.
I used the term "kid" for your 21 year old daughter, that might have confused you. I already know she is pregnant for 4 months.
This clinical condition is common in infants and in pregnancy.
Hope I clarified your doubt.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for acne rashes on shoulder back
- Suggest treatment for rash on arms and back
- Suggest treatment for back injury
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for itchy rash on midriffleg and back
- Suggest treatment for rash on upper body and back
- Treatment and cure for back rash
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?