Suggest treatment for rashes on ears, scalp and swollen ears
Thanks for the query.
It appears to be an allergic reaction with eczematous change. Your description matches with that.
As the area involved is much only topical steroid creams won't help.
I treat such cases with a combination of oral and topical Steroids. It gives relief within a few days.
I would like to see the rash. Please upload a photograph of the involved area. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload photographs on right side of query page, please utilize it.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks for the follow up.
It must be an allergic reaction as rash in infections spreads slowly.
Any change in diet can be a predisposing factor for allergy.
It's good you have started taking prednisolone.
Continue it for at least 3 days then start reducing the dose in consultation with your doctor.
Also take anti histamine tablet for a week.
This should relieve you.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Suggest the treatment for ear ache
- Swollen ear canal treatment
- Treatment for a swollen ear lobe
- Suggest treatment for plugged ears
- Suggest treatment for ear pain
- Suggest treatment for swollen fingers and painful ear
- Suggest treatment for blocked ears
- Suggest treatment for ear drainage
- What is the treatment for swollen ear