Suggest treatment for rashes on back and in groin area
I developed these two rashes on Friday afternoon. One is on my back and the other is on my groin area. They have been itchy and bothersome but not too painful. I am under a lot of stress and I was working at my son's preschool but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't have any other symptoms. I feel fine otherwise.
Looks like shingles ,Kindly provide details
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to have developed a herpetic eruption .
Please tell if the lesions over the back and groin are over the same side of body .
Since when do you have this problem?
Dr Geetika Paul
Looks like av infective eruption
Thanks for the details .
The kind of rash you have developed looks suggestive of shingles or a herpetic eruption .
But since shingles presents with fluid filled vesicular lesions only on one side of the body ,either left or right ,so it cannot be shingles .
The next possibility is that of folliculitis or an allergic eruption for which I would advice you to keep the affected area clean and dry . Wash the affected area with lukewarm saline water twice daily. Apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected area twice daily . You might a course of oral antibiotics if the lesion tends to persist or increase.
For confirmation,you can search Internet and check out pictures of shingles and folliculitis to see if you have similar lesions and symptoms .I am sure this will help you .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for acne rashes on shoulder back
- Suggest treatment for rash on arms and back
- Suggest treatment for back injury
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for itchy rash on midriffleg and back
- Suggest treatment for rash on upper body and back
- Treatment and cure for back rash
- Discomfort in lower back abdomen and groin causes and treatment
- What is the treatment for pain in back and groin