Suggest treatment for rashes on a child's body

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in General Health
Question: baby has rash no fever
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 3 minutes later
Please attach a picture for a detailed Answer

Dr.Mirjeta
Follow up: Dr. Mirjeta Guni 3 minutes later
ok
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
About the child's rash:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
You mentioned that the child didn't have fever, the picture attached does not suggest for serious pathologies (very probably it is due to a viral infection especially if he/she has nasal congestion and cough, eye redness ect.)
If the child is in good general health and has no other symptoms, you can simply observe the rash for a few days. Many types of rashes will disappear without treatment.
If the rash is accompanied by high fever, breathing difficulties, vomiting, or reduced general health (when the child is not acting right), or if it persists for more than 3 days, please see a physician in person.
There is no need for local treatment actually.
Best wishes,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng