• question-icon

Suggest treatment for rashes in the upper thighs

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi. I have this rash on both my upper thighs, right thigh is worse. It is red, filled with small bumps, and very itchy. I have something similar on my lower abdomen, but I'm not sure, if they're related. It has been there for a month already. One thigh looks better now, but the other shows no sign of improvement. I'm wondering if it is herpes. I'm attaching a picture. I apologize for the quality, cannot take better pics with my phone.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Does not seem like herpes

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar(dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.
I can see a patch with redness and with multiple superficial erosions. Seems you have scratched it hence these erosions. This is most likely either a Fungal infection i.e tinea or it is eczematous dermatitis. Does not look like genital herpes.
In my last communication to you I suggested oral itraconazole in addition to topical antifungals. Did you try that?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist