Suggest treatment for rashes in the groin area

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi my son is 17 and has a rash in his groin area. Hes told me that hes not sexually active and I believe him. He doesnt drink, smoke cigs or do drugs. shocking right? hes a good kid and works hard at school. is there a topical cream that he can use before we see a dr?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either intertrigo or ringworm infection, please upload the pictures

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

As per your complaints, it seems to be either intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds or ringworm infection which is a fungal infection.

To have a clearer picture of the condition, I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can guide you accordingly. You can simply upload/attach them at the reports section of this web-page.

Awaiting....
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee