question-icon

Suggest treatment for rashes in the groin area while treating staph Infection

Posted on Mon, 30 Jul 2018
Question: I have a rash between my anus and ball sack. Diagnosed as a staph infection, I'm on my 5th day of antibiotics. No real change . It actually looks like a tare in the ridge that lead to the tentacles. Painful , not itchy . feels warm.
Do you think it is the right diagnosis? I have 2 more days of antibiotics left . But want this cured.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Could be a Perineal Abscess in a stage of induration .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,

Based on the facts that you have posted painful,warm rash on the perineum is most likely to be a soft tissue inflammation due to Staphylococcal infection in a stage of induration .

Your Dr has rightly prescribed you antibiotics which take a weekor two to get cured completely .

You may add anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily along with antibiotic.

Take Sitz bath twice daily by sitting in a tub filled with warm water .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist