• question-icon

Suggest treatment for rashes in the anal area

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi there
I have a rash in my anus area
This has been a continual issue
I have tried all creams such as anusol and prep h , caneston but no success

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
lichen simplex chronicus or intertrigo, topical steroid & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be either lichen simplex chronicus which is a chronic type of eczema or intertrigo which is inflammation of the body folds.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg twice daily for 2-3 weeks.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this keep the area dry, wear loose fitted cotton underwear, avoid using soap and other irritants on the affected areas and avoid prolonged sitting.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist