Suggest treatment for rashes below the chest and on the hands

Dermatologist
Question
Hi doctor,My brother aged 29, got skin rashes below chest and on hands as in the attached pictures. as per the local doctor advice we got the Fungal Elements (KOH mount) test and found it negative. attached is the report.

could you suggest what is this disease and why it came and what are the precautionary measures awe need to take.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It is looking like a fungal infection ( ringworm infection).
The test is positive in only 30-40 percent of cases.
It is common in hot and humid weather.
It can occur in persons with diabetes, excessive sweating, after long term intake of steroids and other immunosuppressive drugs and most commonly after sharing infected persons clothes, towels, soaps and other fomites.
Your brother needs to take oral and topical antifungals.
If I was his treating doctor I would recommend him to take tablet terbinafine ( tab sebifin) 250 mg twice daily and apply luliconazole cream on the affected areas once daily.
For itching he can take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this ask him to keep the area dry, avoid Sharing of soaps and towels, wear loose cotton clothes and stay in cool airy environment.
Dr Asmeet