Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for rashes below the chest and on the hands

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2862 Questions
Hi doctor,My brother aged 29, got skin rashes below chest and on hands as in the attached pictures. as per the local doctor advice we got the Fungal Elements (KOH mount) test and found it negative. attached is the report.

could you suggest what is this disease and why it came and what are the precautionary measures awe need to take.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It is looking like a fungal infection ( ringworm infection).
The test is positive in only 30-40 percent of cases.
It is common in hot and humid weather.
It can occur in persons with diabetes, excessive sweating, after long term intake of steroids and other immunosuppressive drugs and most commonly after sharing infected persons clothes, towels, soaps and other fomites.
Your brother needs to take oral and topical antifungals.
If I was his treating doctor I would recommend him to take tablet terbinafine ( tab sebifin) 250 mg twice daily and apply luliconazole cream on the affected areas once daily.
For itching he can take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this ask him to keep the area dry, avoid Sharing of soaps and towels, wear loose cotton clothes and stay in cool airy environment.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor