Suggest treatment for rashes all over body due to Metrogyl reaction

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi. I had a course of Metrogyl 400 and 3 days afterwards had a reaction to it. I went to my local MD 2 days ago. I'm now on antihistamine (telfast) and Zantac. Also on Solone 25mg. It has eased a little but the rash still flares up on different parts of my body and my breathing is a little strained. Should I be worried and is there anything I can do for myself? I have Epipens for another allergy on hand if need be.I also have an allergy to penicillin, that's why I was on Metrogyl
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
continue the treatment as per your local MD`s advi

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

You are taking enough medicines for your allergy to metrogyl. I`m sure you won't need anyhing more and the symptoms will subside soon.

This is the delayed reaction to metrogyl and epipen will not be needed. Just continue your treatment as per your local MD`s advice. Solone 25 can be given for an extended period of time if symptoms persist and then gradually tapered off.

Since you have allergy to penicillin and now to metrogyl, you should be careful before taking any new medicines and take it under supervision of your doctor.