Suggest treatment for rashes after insect bite on legs
There is some kind of insect bite on my son's leg yesterday, there was a circle formed at the place of bite. Uploading the photos. What medicine i need to take for this. Also is there any need to visit a doctor?. He is almost normal in activities, Please share your thoughts.
looks like insect bite hyper sensitivity
Thanks for writing to us.
I have seen the attached pictures.
It looks like insect bite hypersensitivity probably due to mosquito or other insect.
If he is normal in activities there is no need to worry.
What I usually prescribe is antihistamine like cetrizine syrup at 3ml twice daily along with ranitidine syrup 3ml thrice daily.
Apply some calamine lotion to soothen the skin.
However if rash persists or increases it is better to consult your pediatrician.
Ensure he drinks plenty of liquids.
Wishing your child good health and speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infected insect bite treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin rash after taking amoxclv
- Suggest treatment for leg pain after a miscarriage
- Suggest treatment for skin rash after a fever
- Suggest treatment for inflammed bulging after wasp bite
- Suggest treatment for weeping legs and with rash
- Suggest treatment for insect bite allergy
- What is the treatment for insect bite
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot after a bug bite
- Treatment and cure for Insect bites