Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for rash on skin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 2653 Questions
What is this rash
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
herpez zoster most likely

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome.

the rash is most likely to be a case of herpes zoster especially if the lesions are painful.

it requires treatment with antivirals like FAMCICLOVIR in consultation with your doctor. please stop using hydrocortisone cream. gabapentin can be used for pain relief.

let me know if you have any query
have a nice day
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor