Suggest treatment for rash like yellow spots in gums

Dr. Priyanka Tiwari

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Dental Health
Question: Went to dentist today and he found a rash like red and few yellow spots on left inner gum. I had no idea it was there I do have photos
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral thrush, Inflammation in gingiva

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HCM.

This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query.

Read your query, as you have rash like red and yellow spot on gum do not be worried so much this can be common human fungal infection affects tongue , cheek , gums or it may be inflammation of gum due to improper oral hygiene .

Can you attach a image ( report ) of yellowish spot that will be more helpful for me to arrive at conclusion .

Based on the detail provided I will suggest you to maintain proper oral hygiene , Do XXXXXXX warm saline rinses two - three times a day, use Chlorhexidine mouthwash regularly.

Awaiting pictures to comment further .

Hope I have answered your query,
If you have further query I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 25 minutes later
picture of small yellow like bumps
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Improper oral hygiene, carious tooth.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome again.

I have seen that report ( image ) you have attached ,as far as i have obsereved in image there is nothing to be worried these yellowish spots can be due to infection of carious (decayed ) tooth present in upper arch that is in second premolar tooth and due to improper oral hygiene presence of inflamed gingiva and oral mucosa.
I will suggest you to maintain proper oral hygiene , Brush your teeth twice daily , Do warm saline rinses .
You can Apply ointment like Candid gel or stolin gel on yellowish spots.
Consult Oral surgeon go for investigations IOPA xray of tooth and treatment of Carious (decayed ) tooth and Oral prophylaxis for good oral hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query,

Dr. Priyanka tiwari