Suggest treatment for rash in the groin

Posted on Thu, 23 Jun 2016 in Acne
Question: I have a groin rash so i went to a dematology medical group. The first doctor i saw said it was a yeast infection and was told to do a vinegar soak and use ketocoazole cream twice daily, after 1.5 months it wasn't much better. I went back and saw a different doctor, he took a sample and it came back as Klebsiella pneumonise heavy growth. After 20 day on Doxy-cycline HYC 100 mg and a month of vinegar soaks and Silver Sulfa 1% cream i am still having problems. I went back and he said there wasn't much eles he could do and that maybe i should see another doctor. HELP!!!!!!!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest you get a culture and antibiotic testing for sensitivity!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this troubling infection. I will recommend that we repeat the culture and do antibiotic sensitivity testing. This way, we can identify the germ and also tell which antibiotic can work to eradicate the infection. Also, upload an image to me for review.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah