Suggest treatment for rash below the knee and ankles
Kindly provide pictures
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
You seem to have developed a chronic skin eczema.
I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition.
Please click some close up pictures of the affected area and upload them here on this page.
I am sure I will be able to help you better once you provide me the close up pictures.
Dr Geetika Paul
Need for potent topical and oral steroids
I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to have developed an eczematous rash bilaterally .
You should completely avoid applying any irritants over it like dettol or savlon or any other oils .
Just keep the area moisturised by application of Vaseline or coconut oil and apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone over it two to three times daily .
A more potent steroid cream like clobetasol would be surely more effective in your case ,but is a prescription drug,do you might have to see your doctor for that .
Avoid rubbing the area as much as possible .
Wear cotton clothes so as to prevent further friction.
Take some oral antihistamines like Benadryl or levocetrizine along to relieve the associated itching and allergy.
If symptoms don't resolve, you might need a short course of oral steroids to relieve the rash completely.
Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for frozen ankles and numbness in knees
- Suggest treatment for skin rash
- Suggest treatment for rashes on neck
- Suggest treatment for nappy rash
- Suggest treatment for diaper rash
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Suggest treatment for knee injury
- Suggest treatment for sore knees