Suggest treatment for raised red rashes on face and neck

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My husband has raised red bumps on both sides of his face and neck, There is no pain associated with the rash yet but it has been there over 48 hours. Antihistamine has not not changed anything. Could he have singles? He is a 74yr man who had his vaccination for shingles 9 years ago.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be shingles. Upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these raised bumps. Shingles rarely affect both sides of the body. Also, without pain is unusual. This makes the rash not to be suggestive of any shingles.

To provide a personalized and helpful response to you, it is important to review images of this rash. I will suggest that you upload an image for review.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I will return to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as i get the requested information from you. Until then, I wish you well.