Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for raised red lesions on neck

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
Hello! My name is XXXXX. I want to ask about a strange rash on my neck. It looks a lot like hives but it doesnt itch and it doesnt flake. I have had the welts for months, they never go away. Sometimes they are raised and sometimes the red marks are flat. The ones on my upper neck are quite a bit larger and have a slightly "silvery" appearance. The welts are SLOWLY spreading up to my face and around to the other side of my neck. They are from my collarbone up to my ear and nowhere else on my body.
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pityriasis roseae

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query and excellent photographs.
The lesion is looking like that of pityriasis roseae. It is a non specific condition presenting with rash with slight silvery scales.
You require treatment with mild topical steroid cream.
If there is no response with it a biopsy might be required as the other possibility Is localised psoriasis. Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor