Suggest treatment for raised patch of skin near the urinary meatus

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: For the last year and a half I noticed this raised patch of skin growing adjacent to my urinary meatus. It had a jagged, scaly like edge and was softer than the surrounding skin on the glans and much more sensitive. It's like a growth of skin is attached to my meatus and sometimes it stays inside the meatus and other times, like after urination it is pushed outward and is very sensitive to the slightest touch.

In the past year I've noticed that inside my urethra I have these large bumps growing out from the urethral wall just inside the tip of the penis. It is directly underneath the patch of skin growth I mentioned earlier. When I have an erection and I clench my muscles to surge some blood into the penis, these bumps and the raised patch of skin on the glans next to the urinary meatus both bulge out more and at the same time which makes me think they're connected in some way.

From the photo you can also see what appears to be 2 white ulcers or patches further inside the urethra. I have not had any stinging painful urination although sometimes after ejaculation the tip burns a little, but not as much lately.

I'm worried it might be HPV urethral warts or something.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be a hypergranulation tissue due to chronic inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have a hyper granulation tissue resulting from chronic inflammation due to squeegeeing of glans penis firmly during masturbation.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have pain while passing urine ?
2) Do have bleeding any time from this lesion?
3) Do you have spraying of urinary stream?

It looks to be a hyper granulation tissue resulting from chronic inflammation of urethral meatus resulting from squeezing of urethra firmly while masturbating.

There is nothing to be worried about as long as you do not have any obstructive urinary symptoms .

You may request your Urologist to get endoscopic examination of urethra (Urethroscopy) done to rule out a remote possibility of Urethral Polyp.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 16 hours later
I don't have pain when peeing or bleeding but my stream does spray sometimes. I also notice that much of the day my tip feels irritated with intermittent periods of sudden, sharp stinging pain. The meatus "lips" pop out and as soon as they rub against anything it is painful.

What is hyper granulation an d"squeegeeing"?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Read etails below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query.
Granulation tissue is the normal response of the defense mechanism of the body in process of healing any injury .When there is excessive response then it forms a red ,raised tissue(Hyper granulation) which irritates and bleeds on touch.

Squeezing is holding and rolling glans penis tightly with two fingers while masturbating..

Normally hyper granulation tissue it gets resolved over a period of time however it may need to get cauterized by chemical like Silver Nitrate.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
IS there any possibility it may be HPV? Does it look like it could be warts?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is neither HPV nor Warts.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist