Suggest treatment for raised bumps on fingers

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have these raised bumps forming on my fingers... they seem like they are underneath my skin, ghey dont hurt or itch. also recently ive started go itch all over my body, but not on the bumps
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
pompholyx is the possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.
I have seen the attached pic also. Thanks for attaching the pic.

It seems that you are suffering from a condition called pompholyx. It is a type of eczema characterized by itchy or asymptomatic bumps involving palms.

I would like to know the following details :
1 ) what is the duration of the disease?
2 ) any other site of body involved?
3) any treatment taken?

Kindly reply to my questions and get back to me so that I can help you to my best.
Stay healthy.

Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 5 hours later
the bumps never itch so pompholyx is unlikely in my view
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
detail follows

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.

Pompholyx is not always itchy. But it is an easily treatable condition. In some cases, it settles down of its own without any treatment.

In pompholyx patients, usually moderate to strong potency topical steroids are advised to be applied over the lesions. The condition most of the times respond to the treatment within 2-3 weeks.
Additionally I also advise my patients to put lots of moisturisers preferably over semi wet body so as to prevent the recurrence of the lesions to some extent.
As per details, it is my best advice for you. If you have any further query you may ask me.
Stay healthy.