Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for raised bumps on fingers

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 773 Questions
I have these raised bumps forming on my fingers... they seem like they are underneath my skin, ghey dont hurt or itch. also recently ive started go itch all over my body, but not on the bumps
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
pompholyx is the possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.
I have seen the attached pic also. Thanks for attaching the pic.

It seems that you are suffering from a condition called pompholyx. It is a type of eczema characterized by itchy or asymptomatic bumps involving palms.

I would like to know the following details :
1 ) what is the duration of the disease?
2 ) any other site of body involved?
3) any treatment taken?

Kindly reply to my questions and get back to me so that I can help you to my best.
Stay healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for raised bumps on fingers 5 hours later
the bumps never itch so pompholyx is unlikely in my view
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
detail follows

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.

Pompholyx is not always itchy. But it is an easily treatable condition. In some cases, it settles down of its own without any treatment.

In pompholyx patients, usually moderate to strong potency topical steroids are advised to be applied over the lesions. The condition most of the times respond to the treatment within 2-3 weeks.
Additionally I also advise my patients to put lots of moisturisers preferably over semi wet body so as to prevent the recurrence of the lesions to some extent.
As per details, it is my best advice for you. If you have any further query you may ask me.
Stay healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor