Suggest treatment for raised blood sugar levels
this is my fathers blood sugar report.
plz have a look at it and suggest what can be done to lower the blood sugar levels.
Investigations required.Life style changes, drugs
I went through the query and understood your concern. I hope he is not on any antidiabetic medications.
Your father's sugar levels are raised. He needs medication along with life style modifications.
1. Lifestyle modification:
Exercise. 30 minutes every day for at least 6 days a week. Exercise like brisk walk, jogging, cycling, swimming, aerobics will help.
Diet: Having food with complex carbohydrates like whole grains, vegetables, greens and fruits. Always vegetables grown over earth is better than roots and tubers. Less consumption of fat and refined sugars. Maintain BMI well with in normal range.
This depends on his health status. If his renal and liver functions are normal, metformin will help in reducing the insulin resistance and help in managing the sugar level. If his weight is more then this should be the first drug of choice.
If not controlled with this the dose need to be adjusted and second drug need to be added for managing sugar level.
If he has lost weight recently after development of diabetes sulfonylurea group of drug will help more.
In both condition or if he has any other organ system problem Insulin will be of more beneficial.
Right now ask him to continue the exercise and dieting as explained. Check his renal, liver function test along with lipid profile and retinal examination once. Based on this drugs can be selected.
I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries or information. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood sugar 460 treatment
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine
- What is the treatment blood sugar level of 280
- Blood in stool suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for high blood glucose levels
- Blood sugar treatment for level over 500
- Treatment for sugar level 350
- Permanent treatment of blood sugar
- Treatment for blood sugar crash
- Blood sugar levels safe for dental treatment
- Experiencing slight pinches at the top of heart. Have heart burn and...
- Have low thyroid, having rashes and cramping in legs. Suggest the...
- Body tingles while coughing. Anything wrong?
- Have swelling in perineum. Having reddish discharge near anus. Diagnosis?
- On ropinerol and levodopa for parkinson's disease. Hallucinating...
- Is it possible to have a tonsil stone lodged in the epiglottis?
- Have tenderness on head. Taken methylprednisolone. Done blood test...
- Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?
- Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment
- Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a...