Suggest treatment for pus filled lesion on skin of a child
Most likely bacterial cellulitis/abscess,needs antibiotic treatment
Thanks for choosing this platform
Pus filled lesion on skin can be cellulitis/abscess and is most commonly caused by some bacterial infection.
Infection with staphylococcus or streptococcus usually cause this type of lesion.
I don't think that this infection has occurred due to use of public toilet.
I would suggest you to get a pus culture sensitivity test done and then to start some antibiotic like amoxycillin & clavulanic acid combination emperically after consulting your physician.
Most of the time this antibiotic covers the organism causing these lesions.If pus culture report differs the antibiotic may need to be changed accordingly.
Hot fomentation and application of antibiotic ointment also helps in early recovery.
So, please consult your pediatrician and get the appropriate treatment at the earliest.
I hope this helps.
I shall be glad to help you out if you have any more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for fluid filled lesions which are painful
- Treatment for pus filled earlobes
- Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin
- Treatment for weeping skin lesions
- Suggest treatment for skin infection
- Suggest treatment for tanned skin
- Suggest treatment for blood and pus filled boil on buttocks
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a child
- Suggest treatment for puss filled lesion in the groin area
- Suggest effective treatment for skin lesion
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting