Suggest treatment for pulled muscles on the left shoulder

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a mild pulled muscle on my left shoulder area. Should I go to see a doctor or just try to cure it myself from resting ?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for few days & follow symptomatic care

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Muscular spasm usually resolves itself with symptomatic management. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:

- naproxen twice a day for 5 days.
- take hot water in a rubber bottle and put it at the site of pain. It will give soothing effect.
- avoid lifting heavy weight till you become healthy again.
- ask some family member to do oil massage. It will also give soothing effect.

Hopefully you will observe improvement soon but If pain persists then visit hospital for workup & physiotherapy.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!