Suggest treatment for psoriasis

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been seeing my family doctor and a dermatologist for a couple off months, for sever itching. They have been treating me for psoriasis. Today she said it is scabies. I put the Rx cream Permethrin on, the itching got worse. After 45 minutes of non stop itching, I took a shower and washed it off. I am itching so bad, I feel crazy. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and need to ask you few questions:
Do you have any bumps or rash associated with itching?
Is there any history of itching in your family or friends?
What are the sites of excessive itching?
Is itching more during the day or night?
Do you have any other ailments or taking any medicines?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Also upload the photographs of the affected areas under the report section of the site so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng