Suggest treatment for psoriasis

Dr. Rakesh Sharma

Posted on Mon, 1 Dec 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been dealing with psoriasis for over two yrs. using prescription topical s without long term success. Should my dermatologist be trying some of the newer remedies being advertised on tv and print ads?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Photo therapy and oral antimetabolite.

Detailed Answer:
Hello,XXXX,
Welcome to HCM.
I am Dr Rakesh Sharma answering your query.
One should not go in for treatment as per advertisement, in my opinion as as their authenticity is unknown.
I have tried photo therapy and oral anti metabolites in my patients of psoriasis, successfully, along with local steroid preparation.
I advice to consult your treating doctor regarding adding photo therapy and anti metabolites.
Hope I have answered your query, if any thing else,you are welcome.
Good luck.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj