Ask a Homeopath   »  

Suggest treatment for psoriasis on fingers and elbows

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
i have psoriasis on my fingers and elbows
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Homeopathy

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Plaque Psoriasis

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for contacting with your concern.

1. going by the site of your pathology it is likely to be plaque psoriasis which appear on the knees, ELBOWS, lower back and scalp. There is itching of the affected area with discolored NAILS [fingers]

2. any associated symptoms like;
. excessive sweating or no sweating?
. any change in pigmentation/ texture of skin?
. are lesions [if any] dry or moist?
. any spreading of the lesions [if any]?

. any complications due to the condition like:
~ swelling in the joints?
~ joint pains or deformity?
~ spreading to whole body?

3. any previous examination with Doctor of Alternate Medicine or Allopathy?

4. Any other associated disease like diabetes, high cholesterol, heart disease,hypothyroidism, or decreased nutrition status? Any history of use of cosmetics/medications? Do investigate for RA Factor!
5. is there consumption of any endotoxins either in the form of herbs, mineral or animal product by you?

PREVENTIVE TREATMENT:
.Take diet rich in protein,iron,folic acid, brown rice, orange, green vegetables, wheat, barley, green gram,lemon,turmeric,bitter gourd,garlic,pomegranate, nutmeg,bitter and sweet (not sour) food, dry ginger, khadira, black pepper, long pepper, old clarified butter,honey,light exercise,massage,boiled and filtered water to drink, tea, coffee(not after meals or during periods of fasting)

.Avoid raw fruits, raw radish, too much oily food, over eating, brinjal, tomatoes, soap, jaggery,coffee,sour and sweet food,oil,curd,newly harvested cereals, incompatible foods, food with heavy, unctuous and cold properties,sesame,salt, black gram, milk,lisora,makoya, day sleeping, mental stress, excessive exercise.
.vitamin e-rich food: spinach, almond oil, sweet potato, sunflower seeds, and wheat germs are good for the skin problems.
.scalp should be dandruff free.
.taking bath in sea water is very good for the skin treatment, similarly at home taking bath in Epsom salt or oatmeal containing water is also good.

.because skin infection of any type is precipitated by stress and disturbed immune system, hence medicines like Shankhpushpi, Sarpagandha,Brahmi, alongwith Suvarn Parpati ,Ashwagandha,Shatavri, as Immuno modulators can be given after consulting Ayurveda Physician there.

Do revert back with your concerns for treatment & management aspect.

Dr. Munish
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for psoriasis on fingers and elbows 1 hour later
. Yes, i have excessive sweating and lesions on fingers and feet. Skin texture is also becoming dry day by day .
-I have sweeling in joints and joint pains on random basis.
- i was on lot of allopathy medinices like psoracure etc. but this allergy is not getting cured .
i really want to try homeopathy treatment because i have consumed lot of allopathy and ayurvedic medicines and its just not improving . Also , it is spreading on my legs which is worrying me more

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Single Drug Usage & Panchkarma Treatment

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for reverting back

1. A main characteristic feature of this disease is that it goes into remission spontaneously and just as suddenly relapses and usually spreads in a cold and humid environment.

PS. Instead of eliminating the accumulated endotoxin in blood I usually counteract the same by use of mild poisonous plant like bhallataka [semicarpus anacardium]

Procedure: take bhallataka [1-3] and soak in cows urine at night, and dry them during the day in shade and repeat the same 3 times. thereafter make a fine powder and mix with thuhar/sehund [milk hedge] milk and apply on affected area.

Here I will stress that especially in advanced stage, the patient should have confidence of perseverance to continue the treatment for long time with hope and not for an immediate magic cure.

2. Incompatibile foods; e.g. milk taken together with fish or acidic fruits or food should be prohibited.
. use of sweet, sour and salty foods, milk products should be moderate.

3. Allergies are nothing but hypersensitive reaction of the body to a foreign protein [vijatteya dravya] which have not undergone proper agni paka [metabolism] after entering into the body, thus resulting in AMA [endotoxin]

PS. In Ayurveda we considerr ‘AAM’ i.e. disease arising from/due to improper metabolism so treatment and Management is directed towards
. Expelling the already formed AAM, [ with help of trifla],
. methods to prevent further AAM formation [by using deepan/pachan ]
.Aloe vera cream applied locally has given/shown encouraging results.

PS. If general Line of treatment has not shown encouraging results I would sincerely advise for therapeutic XXXXXXX [emesis] and/or virechana [purgation] after consulting a qualified Panchkarma Doctor near you since the procedure has shown encouraging results in patient suffering from chronic skin allergy/infection

Dr. Munish
Naimittika