Suggest treatment for psoriasis and severe itching on testicles
Visit a dermatologist; stop using this cream in face and groin
Hello. Thanks for writing to us at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your query and I have also seen the photographs.
In the photographs I can see that you have patches which are hyperpigmented, dry, have prominent skin markings.
Though you have not mentioned but I guess they must be itchy too?
The ointment you have been using contains a superpotent steroid clobetasol propionate; It is strictly not meant to be used on face and groin/scrotum because of the risk of skin atrophy.
It is fine for application on back of neck.
I would rather suggest a moderately potent steroid for face and groin region e.g either fluticasone propionate Or mometasone propionate for 2-4 weeks.
Since the patches are dry therefore using a moisturizer before application of steroid would also help. Moisturizers also help in reducing the side effects of steroids.
These are prescription products and surely you need to visit a dermatologist for the needful.
I will also suggest an OTC oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10 mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for severe itching on inner thighs and testicles
- Severe itch between my anus and testicles
- Severe itching with vitiligo is there a non-medical treatment
- Treatment for psoriasis
- Suggest treatment for psoriasis
- Treatment and cure for Severe itching
- Suggest treatment for severe itching in pubic area
- Sever itch on testicals aurvedic treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe itching with sensitivity to cold
- Broken arm below the shoulder had surgery severe itching treatment