question-icon

Suggest treatment for psorattic arthritis

Posted on Fri, 7 Feb 2014
Question: my husband has psorattic arthritis all over his body he is taking hydrocodone 10-325 they use to be blue tablets now are white they are not helping at all do u have any sugestions the pharmacist said they had changed companies can this be the reason they are not helping if so do u know where we can get the blue tablets
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Specific Antipsoriatic drugs need to be started Detailed Answer: hi. thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX Hydrocodone 10-325 is a combination of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen which is a narcotic analgesic. Its role in arthritis is symptomatic pain relief but as such it has no specific role in arresting the progression of psoriatic arthritis. If i was your treating doctor i would have wanted to start a specific antipsoraitic drug like: -Methotrexate -Acitretin -Biologics like Etanercept/Infliximab OR Alefacept An Oral pain killer like Hydrocodone will provide just symptomatic relief and will not arrest the progression of psoriatic arthritis, for which it is necessary to put him on specific antipsoriatic drugs. I would advice that you see a dermatologist OR an orthopaedician who would tell you in detail about psoriatic arthritis and need for antipsoriatic drugs take care regards
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist