Suggest treatment for pseudoaneurysm
Options are Compression, Thrombin injection, Surgery & glue embolization.
The Pseudoaneurysm would have been diagnosed by a Color Doppler study or an Angiogram. I presume it is arising from the Superficial temporal artery.
You should see a Vascular Surgeon who can advice you accordingly.
We usually manage such lesions with either Ultrasound guided compression, Thrombin injection, open surgery or Glue embolization.
The first two can be tried if the neck of the aneurysm is very small. Otherwise, surgery or embolization would be a better option.
In surgery we ligate the artery before and after the pseudoaneurysm and remove it.
Another alternative would be to do an Angiography and inject glue to embolize it. You could chose either modality once your Vascular Surgeon explains them to you. Since the area is superficial and very accessible Surgery would also be quite straight forward but there would be a small scar.
The choice is for you and your parents to decide.
Take care and do let me know if you need further advice on this issue.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
You are most welcome.
Hope all your queries have been resolved.
Do let me know if not.
You are always welcome.
New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
How dangerous is this pseudoaneurysm, and how quickly should we be
evaluated by a vascular surgeon?
Please let me know the Doppler report
The only danger is that the Pseudoaneurysm can burst leading to bleeding. I cannot predict when and if that would happen but I suggest you see the Vascular Surgeon early. Do let me know the Doppler report so that I can know the neck of the pseudoaneurysm and advice accordingly. If the neck is less than 3mm then a simple Ultrasound guided compression can treat you which is an office procedure to be done by the Radiologist. If it is more then you will need opinion of Vascular Surgeon.
Hope I have been able to resolve your queries. If not please do let me know.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Your and your family have a blessed day. XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of Pseudoaneurysm
- Suggest treatment for headaches
- Drugs/medication for Pseudoaneurysm
- Suggest treatment for anger and aggressiveness
- Suggested treatment of tuberculosis
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest the treatment for tuberculosis of bones
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment
- What causes abdominal pain despite Protonix usage for stomach ulcer?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to pancreatitis
- Suggest treatment for gynecomastia
- What causes sharp pain in lower side of belly button during periods?
- What causes severe leg cramps?
- Is leg swelling a serious concern when suffering from DVT?
- What causes pulsating pain near ribcage below waist line?
- What causes lump on upper outer part of left arm?
- What causes consistent pain around the pelvic area?
- What causes anemia and vitamin D deficiency?