Suggest treatment for prostatomegaly with prostate
Welcome to the forum.
The most important aspect is your urinary symptoms like frequency of urination - both day and night ( how often you pass urine) and the flow of urine - whether good or poor.
Also, your urine flow needs to be measured by a test called uroflowmetry ( which is done by passing urine into a commode with sensor) and your prostate size needs to be assessed clinically by performing rectal examination by your urologist (if not done already).
All these need to be taken into account to decide whether medicines are enough or surgery is needed for the prostate enlargement.
Since you have been prescribed medical treatment, i understand that you are a candidate for medical treatment now.
If so, the medicines given, can be taken.
Kindly discuss with your urologist the above issues.
Hope i am clear,
Kindly write back for doubts if any,
Rectal examination was done before prescribing medicines.Flow of Urine is not poor.In night after sleeping,I go for urination once. Everytime It takes a few seconds before urine starts passing.
My worry is that can Antibiotics(ZANICIN 400 BD ) be taken for 21 days as advised because normally Antibiotics are given for 7 to 10 days.
I am diabetic since 1992 DM-II and on light doses of OHA
Zanocin and silofas will help you relieve symptoms
Welcome back sir.
I saw that rectal examination done by your doctor revealed grade 2 to 3 prostate enlargement and serum PSA is marginally high.
I also understand that uroflow has been advised. Kindly paste the results once done.
Antibiotics can be given for even one month if prostatic infection is suspected and your doctor would have suspected the same.
I understand you have some hesitancy and other symptoms are not worrisome.
Zanocin and silofast should give you good relief.
Hope i am clear,
Silofast 8mg is causing heaviness in stomach and loss of sleep.
Can it be reduced to 4mg once daily or switch over to URIMAX 0.2 mg.
Secondly whether Silofast is to be taken with lunch or in the evening as advised by my Doctor ?
Dose can be reduced, to be given at bed time.
You can also consider silofast 4 mg or Urimax 0.2 mg to start with.
All alpha blockers ( like silodal / Urimax) need to be given at bed-time to avoid the potential side effect of postural hypotension, especially in the initial period---
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Laproscopy treatment of prostatomegaly enlargement
- Ayurveda treatment for early prostatomegaly
- Grade 2 prostatomegaly treatment
- Mild prostatomegaly and ayurvedic treatment
- What treatment is suggested for prostatomegaly gr-ii
- Prostatomegaly treatment ayurveda
- Prostatomegaly treatment
- Allopathic treatment for mild prostatomegaly
- Mild prostatomegaly treatment
- Treatment for renal cortical cyst prostatic cyst and prostatomegaly
- Can medicine cure irritation of penis due to oral sex with a sex worker?
- Burning sensation while urinating,bladder pains,involuntary urination.
- Does masturbation cause problems with erection?
- Penile blood, viagra, mixed with urine, no pain
- Is there a medicine to treat GERD ?
- How can I increase my penis size and improve my sex life ?
- Foul smell in urine, on medication, rose color gel for ulcer pain,...
- Pain while urination. Infection detected. No stones in CT scan. Cure?
- Bleeding from penis, no blood in urine, CT scan normal, used to...
- Have Brown Sequard Syndrome, ejaculation affected. Taking Viagra. What...