question-icon

Suggest treatment for prostatitis causing pressure and pain in testicles

Posted on Fri, 22 May 2015
Question: I was just diagnosed with prostatitis. I was put on a 1 month course of sulfatrim. I am interchanging between ibuprofen and tylenol to manage the pain and pressure in my testicles. Is there anything else I can do for pain management?

Things I read that might help are sitz bath, alpha blockers, herbs like saw palmetto etc... Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Pain resolves with completion of antibiotic therapy only.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir.

I understand your concern.

The pain of prostatitis will not respond to sitz bath, alpha blockers, herbs like saw palmetto etc.

The pain takes time to resolve.

It will resolve completely only with antibiotics after the infection is cleared.

Meanwhile stick only to Ibuprofen for pain management.

Thank you.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu