Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for prostate cancer

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1462 Questions
what treamtent is available for XXXXXXX 6 prostate cancer, after a biochemical failure has been detected 33 months after Rp and radiotherapy.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer below Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. First, we need to check whether the disease has spread anywhere else. This can be done by a CT scan of abdomen, chest radiograph and a bone scan. If something is visible, we should give some treatment, usually with androgen deprivation (by bilateral testes removal or injections every 3 months). If nothing is evident on these scans, then also we can give androgen deprivation therapy but observation is also an option. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for prostate cancer 20 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX Thank you for your reply, My urologist (a very good doctor has given me alife span of 10-25 years) if the scans are clear i would prefer observation, is this a good option. thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes, it is a good option Detailed Answer: It is generally recommended to defer ADT in patients at low risk of disease spread (eg, PSA doubling time >9 months; absolute PSA 20 ng/mL). Hope this helps, Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor