Suggest treatment for prominent aortic knuckle
Prominent aortic knuckle has been diagnosed first time in the recent chest x ray. I request you to
provide me proper treatment plan and also precautions to be taken thereof.
Age related change and not always a disease related finding
Aortic Knuckle is a finding on Chest Xray only.
The aortic knuckle represents the left lateral edge of the aorta that arises out of left ventricle, as it arches backwards over the left main bronchus, and pulmonary vessels. The contour of the descending thoracic aorta can be seen in continuation from the aortic knuckle.
Prominent aortic knuckle is an age related change. Long term Hypertensive patients and long term cardiac pathology this aorta vessel is seen prominent on the left side to the sternum.
But yes displacement or loss of definition of the lines can indicate disease, such as aneurysm or adjacent lung consolidation.
Please see your doctor to treat blood pressure, CT scan to check for aneurysm.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for knuckle hyperpigmentation
- Yoga treatment for aortic knuckle calcification
- Prominent aorta knuckle treatment
- Cut swollen knuckle treatment
- Treatment for swollen knuckle
- Treatment for fractured knuckle
- Treatment to knuckle wound
- What treatment to be done for callcification of aortic knuckle
- Is there laser treatment for dark knuckles?
- Suggest treatment for infection in hand and knuckle