Suggest treatment for prolonged periods
Hope you are doing well.
Thanks for your advise last week. In reference to our previous communication, as informed my wife got her periods back last week (after missing it last month) however its 8th day today that her period is still running. Is this normal ?
Appreciate your advise.
Thanks and Regards
Normal. Tranexamic acid group of drug is helpful in heavy bleeding.
Thanks for writing to us.
I have understood your concern. Long time (8 days) withdrawal bleeding like period may occur due to effect of prolonged intake of DEVIRY (18 days). It is NORMAL in this case.
It is a common side effect of the pill as a result of hormonal imbalance. However, this type of bleeding stops automatically in most cases.
If bleeding is very mild or little amount, then I suggest to await few more days to stop naturally without any medical intervention.
However, if bleeding is quite heavy till now, I can suggest her to take Tranexamic acid group of drug (like PAUSE etc) for 3 days to arrest bleeding completely. You should consult with treating doctor for complete prescription.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish her good health and maintain genital hygiene properly.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do you suggest for prolonged periods
- Prolonged periods and perimenopause
- Prolonged periods bv slight bleeding brown blood using gel treatment
- Delayed prolonged periods heavy constant flow causes and treatment
- Causes of prolonged periods
- Prolonged period cycles spotting before periods prescribed livogen cycloset treatment
- Does iron treatment result in prolonged periods
- Prolonged periods irregular cycles thyroid condition ultrasound shows swelling treatment
- What is the treatment for prolonged periods and irregular periods
- Treatment and cure for Prolonged periods
- What causes missed periods?
- Does Carbamazepine or Oxcarbazepine cause false negative pregnancy test...
- Suggest treatment for vaginal candidiasis
- Suggest contraceptive pills for a 30 year old
- Suggest treatment for itching and discomfort on vagina
- What is the safe time span for intercourse after taking unwanted 72?
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods and PCOD
- What is the ideal time to do NT scan during pregnancy?
- What causes light menstrual bleeding?
- Suggest treatment for infertility