Suggest treatment for prolonged menstrual bleeding
My age is 29 and unmarried. I have bleeding for 15 days. I have consulted doctor today and she prescribed Pause-mf tablets with two tablets / day as a dosage. How long does it take to stop the bleeding? Also, she has prescribed Ultra sound and Blood test and Throid profiling and i'm yet to receive the test reports.
The bleeding should decreased in 48 hours.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After taking Pause MF, the bleeding usually stops in 36-48 hours but in some cases if it is due to a hormonal imbalance then hormonal tablets may also be needed to stop the bleeding.
Do start taking iron supplements and consult for further management after you get the reports.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Thanks for writing again.
I have seen all the attached reports. Your iron levels are low due to the bleeding. Thyroid hormone levels are alright. The increased bleeding can be due to thickened endometrium caused by hormonal imbalance. Taking hormonal pills like oral contraceptives will help in stopping the bleeding.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Drugs/medication for Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Treatment and cure for Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Can my excessive or prolonged menstrual bleeding be due to hashimoto's disease?
- Diagnosis of Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Symptoms of Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding causes
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding menopause
- Heavy prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding uterus scan normal medication to stop bleeding
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...