Suggest treatment for prolonged menstrual bleeding
I am suffering from prolonged menstrual cycle bleeding. It's been going on for 15 days now. I've consulted a lady doctor locally and she's advises few medicines(not hormones) along with some injection. This is the first time that I had this issue. I am a 25 years old female and marries for 1 year now. Ultrasound report show bulky ovaries however there's no cyst found.
I wanted to take an opinion if it's safe n suggested that I take hormone medicines as that seems to be the only quick fix to the issue.
Non hormonal medicines are good enough
I understand your concerns about prolonged bleeding.
This happens once in a while due to minor alteration of hormones. This comes down by itself and does not need hormonal medicines.
Your doctor could have prescribed non hormonal medicines like tranexamic acid 500 mg 3 times a day for 3 days (Tab. Pause MF) which is effective in controlling bleeding.
Let me know if you need anymore help.
You can continue medicines
I saw the attached report.
Ultrasound scan report is normal and nothing serious.
Tablet tranostat you are taking are the same I mentioned earlier. This should have stopped bleeding I'd you have taken for a week. I suggest you get serum beta hCG blood test to confirm if this was early pregnancy or miscarriage.
I'm such patients I use Tab. Meprate 5 mg twice daily for 21 days. This stops bleeding. You can request your doctor to give you the same.
Wish you good health
For quick and reliable response to your health problems feel free to contact me directly by pasting following link in your browser:
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Drugs/medication for Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Treatment and cure for Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Can my excessive or prolonged menstrual bleeding be due to hashimoto's disease?
- Diagnosis of Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Symptoms of Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding causes
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding menopause
- Heavy prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding uterus scan normal medication to stop bleeding