Suggest treatment for prolapsed bladder and rheumatoid arthritis

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I have RA and FM and had anterior vaginal wall surgery to correct a prolapsed bladder a week ago. The surgery went well with no complications. Are there any excersises I can do at home while recovering? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Soumya 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kegel's exercise

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

You can do Kegel's exercises to improve the pelvic muscle strength. You have to hold and release the pelvic muscles ( as in controlling urgency of urine / stool).

Do it for 5 minutes 3 times a day.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 4 minutes later
Okay, thanks. But what about other kinds of exercise? I also take Tramadol for pain related to my fibromyalgia and have trouble with constipation. Do you have any recommendations for that besides eating more fiber and drinking enough water? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No other exercises

Detailed Answer:

There are no other recommendations besides that. Kegel's exercise are pelvic muscle specific and should help you.