Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

166 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for profuse sweating

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 2867 Questions

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Mental Health
Question: hi I am having excessive sweating daily for the last 2and 1/2 years my doctor don't seem to interested in helping me figure what the cause id but it has been driving me crazy trying to get rid of it any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do you have any more symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxxxxxx
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I request you to provide following information

1. Please describe the other symptoms if any like hot flushes, dizziness etc

2. Please describe about your menstrual cycle over the last three years or so

3. Please describe about your sleeping pattern

4. Do you have any mood swings such as irritability? Describe if any

I look forward to assist you further.
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 15 minutes later
if I am laying down on my right side I start to sweat if I lay on my left side I start to sweat instantly. if I go to touch directly under my right breast I start to sweat excessive.I haven't had a menstrual cycle in like 6 years. my sleep habits are horrible I sleep maybe 2 hours at a time I am up and down all night I just sweat to where I cant sleep I have tried everything. I don't think I have mood swings I tried taking a couple different anxiety meds but they made me feel like I couldn't move so I quit taking them.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Dear Tamee,
Thanks for follow up.

Considering your age, duration of symptoms, absence of menses for last couple of years and nature of symptoms I strongly suspect post menopausal syndrome. I do not think we need to keep any differential with strong suspicion although the late onset depression could be another possibility.

In my opinion HRT should be started if there are no contraindications.

In case there are certain contraindications I will recommend use of Pristiq 50 mg once a day. As per my experience this is the second best molecule after HRT that too without significant side effects.

I hope this assists you.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Excessive sweating

doctor1 MD

severe seating for more than 3 days, actually happened last weekend then went away. When the sweating begins, he gets incredibly hot and face turns red, when the sweating subsides he feels cold and has chills . BUT he doesn't feel like he has the...

doctor1 MD

excessive sweating in men age 75

doctor1 MD

I have hammertoes, a bunion , also very thick calluses on the entirely of both feet that restore themselves within a day or 2 of my soaking and filing them. Any ideas as to that ,why, and how to fix? My feet burn and perspire profusely even after...

doctor1 MD

I keep getting what I think is carbuncles in my bottom. I take tegretol. I don't know I that makes a difference. I also suffer from insomnia. I have felt really tired and week in the last couple of weeks by about noon. What I have read states that it can be from not bathing, but I am very clean. I'm concerned that it may be some underlying problem I am not aware of. By the time one set starts getting better another set has started. It is very painful at times, sometimes even walking or sitting hurts. Is there some tests I need to request or maybe something I need to try at home to help eliminate this very aggravating problem? Thank You