Suggest treatment for profuse sweating

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Mental Health
Question: hi I am having excessive sweating daily for the last 2and 1/2 years my doctor don't seem to interested in helping me figure what the cause id but it has been driving me crazy trying to get rid of it any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Do you have any more symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxxxxxx
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I request you to provide following information

1. Please describe the other symptoms if any like hot flushes, dizziness etc

2. Please describe about your menstrual cycle over the last three years or so

3. Please describe about your sleeping pattern

4. Do you have any mood swings such as irritability? Describe if any

I look forward to assist you further.
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 15 minutes later
if I am laying down on my right side I start to sweat if I lay on my left side I start to sweat instantly. if I go to touch directly under my right breast I start to sweat excessive.I haven't had a menstrual cycle in like 6 years. my sleep habits are horrible I sleep maybe 2 hours at a time I am up and down all night I just sweat to where I cant sleep I have tried everything. I don't think I have mood swings I tried taking a couple different anxiety meds but they made me feel like I couldn't move so I quit taking them.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Dear Tamee,
Thanks for follow up.

Considering your age, duration of symptoms, absence of menses for last couple of years and nature of symptoms I strongly suspect post menopausal syndrome. I do not think we need to keep any differential with strong suspicion although the late onset depression could be another possibility.

In my opinion HRT should be started if there are no contraindications.

In case there are certain contraindications I will recommend use of Pristiq 50 mg once a day. As per my experience this is the second best molecule after HRT that too without significant side effects.

I hope this assists you.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.