Suggest treatment for profuse sweating and lower abdominal pain

Dr. Endri Katro

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my friend last night suddenly felt nauseated, profuse sweating with a pain in lower left abdomen area. this morning there was bleeding from anus. any suggestions
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to consult a gastroenterologist and a few investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking HealthcareaMagic.

I am Dr.Endri Katro and I will be answering your questions.

One of the most common reasons to bleed from the anus are due to the hemorrhoids. In this case, every doctor is able to tell if your friend is having any hemorrhoids or not, with just a visual inspection and a digital rectal exam. If diagnosis is confirmed than there are two options. Have treatment for hemorrhoids or do a surgery (by a proctologist).

As per all these symptoms that you've described, i.e. nausea, pain in the lower left abdomen followed by bleeding per rectum, I think that the problem is in the colon (or large intestine).

There are a lot of reasons for a patient, to have these symptoms:

- Crohn's disease
- intestinal infection
- ulcerative colitis
- polyp of colon
- any malignancy of colon
- diverticular disease
- even blood vessel problems

The only way to determine the reason for these symptoms is by doing a colonoscopy.

I'd suggest your friend to consult the family doctor first to rule out hemorrhoids as a cause of the bleeding and than he needs to consult a gastroenterologist and do a colonoscopy for the diagnose and the treatment. Depending from these results, further testing or management will be planned accordingly.

Wishing your friend a good health.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact me.

Dr.Endri Katro

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee