Suggest treatment for productive cough in a 1 year old
what's the best if nebuliser I have pulmicort, or Dublin or ampoule of adrenalin.
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
The chest needs to be examined by a pediatrician to gauge the respiratory distress. If there is enough evidence on clinical exam then x ray chest, complete blood count and ESR can be advised. The investigations and clinical picture together can decide upon the initiation of antibiotics.
Meanwhile, steam inhalation, pulmicort inhaler, should be fine. Carbocysteine plus promethazine combination syrup is very good for cough.
Do not use adrenalin.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Productive cough treatment pregnancy
- Suggestions for productive cough and breathlessness
- Productive cough in 5 month old
- Suggest treatment for dry non productive cough
- What is the treatment for productive cough
- Treatment and cure for productive cough
- Suggest treatment for productive cough
- Treatment and cure for non productive cough
- Suggest treatment for projectile vomiting with non-productive cough
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment