Suggest treatment for problems while eating food

Endocrinologist
Question
Hi, I have a long hx of my body shuting down while I am eating. I cannot eat out or attend any food related activity with out a driver. Even while eating at home, I pass smooth out loosing my day or evening.
Ihave had all sorts of sugar tests have been done. thyroid, liver enzymes,
Here is my symptoms during : post first bite till I am done eating.
have trouble swallowing, gasses are releasing, have to hold head tilted back to open airway to allow gases to release, blurred vision, headache, brain shuts down, caint process questions or comprehend what I read or hear, ringing in ears, eyes get glazed, slow to respond to questions, eyelids impossible to keep open, facial numbness, drool, hard to hold a glass of water, burping belching, pain in chest, tightness in chest, increase heart rate, heart palpatations, irregular heart beats, pass out stil belching and birping or like a tea kettle letting gases out. it is like saying the word puff but no audible throat sounds only air forcing the lips to make puff sounds. then after about hr or longer, the palpations subside, the chest pain eases, chest tightness eases, bp returns to normal, then when laying down if I turn to either side, the palpations return, chest tightness returns after a couple of hours all symptoms go away exept: "puffing sounds while releasing gases, headache, mental fog, trouble processing information, tired, lethargic, extrememly sleepy still, worn out, arms and legs are heavy,extremely sensitive to light and sound. I can be passed out for a couple of hours or as long as 24 hours.
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry to learn about your multiple symptoms.

As you have previously had extensive tests, I am sure doctors have previously looked at the results of the following too:

CBC
CMP
TSH
Free T4
Plasma free metanephrines

I would like to know if the above results came back all normal or not.

It would be important to know your blood glucose level at the time of your symptoms. If you have a glucose monitoring device it would help to get a reading.

The TSH and Free T4 will give us an idea if your thyroid is normal. Both an under and an over active thyroid can produce a variety of symptoms, many of which you have.

The 'plasma free metanephrines' blood test looks for a rare condition called Pheochromocytoma. it can also have a myriad symptoms, some of which you seem to have as well.

I hope you are able find out the cause of your medical conditions soon.