Suggest treatment for primary orthostatic tremor
Treatment suggestions: Primary Orthostatic Tremor.
I have gone through the medical history of your husband and feel sorry for the situation he is in.
Now, Primary Orthostatic tremor (POT) includes a group of movement disorders where a person does involuntary movements when standing. It is otherwise called "Idiopathic Orthostatic Tremor".
Usually, clonazepam and primidone are the drugs of choice for POT. However, in some cases, when this treatment fails, other drugs might be used:
- valproic acid
You can discuss with his neurologist for these other options too. However, I advise to take time when you introduce new drugs to him. In other words, wait for at least 3 months before changing treatment.
Other options include bilateral thalamic deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery. However, it all will depend on your husband's response to treatment and evaluation of his health status.
Hope it was of help! Let me know if you need further clarifications!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Orthostatic tremor causes
- Primary orthostatic tremor
- Symptoms of orthostatic tremor
- Diagnosis of orthostatic tremor
- Orthostatic tremor syndrome
- Orthostatic tremor treatment
- Treatment and cure for orthostatic tremor
- Primary orthostatic tremor treatment
- Drugs/medication for orthostatic tremor
- Orthostatic tremors and anxiety