Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for primary hypothyroidism

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 772 Questions
Dear Doctor. Greetings. I have recently done master health check up. My ECG, 2D ECHO, Urine, X-ray are perfect. However my TSH and Blood results are not up to the mark. I have done tsh, twice along with (T3,T4) as doctor suggested for second opinion. TSH went up to 126.6 , Earlier it was 87. Please help me in this regard.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer: primary hypothyroidism is the diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi! the diagnosis is very clear. you are primary hypothyroid. please start the treatment with thyroxine 1mcg /kg /d . take the tablet empty stomach early morning and observe another 30 min fast. after 6 weeks repeat TSH and FT4 and let me know the reports. Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for primary hypothyroidism 6 hours later
Thanks Doctor. I am sorry - i did not understand ? can you please suggest is it 25/50/100 mg per day. Thanks in advance. Regards.XXXX
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 11 hours later
Brief Answer: As per wt. Detailed Answer: Dear user, Hi! sorry I got a little technical. if you are around 50 kg then 50 mcg thyroxine every morning, if you are around 75 kg then 75 mcg. so it is according to your wt which was not mentioned in the query so I could not tell you the dose. Regards , take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for primary hypothyroidism 5 hours later
Thanks Doctor - I am 66kgs will go with 75gm. Hope this is fine. Thanks. Cheers.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: correct. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, that is right. you can check after 6 weeks and let me know. Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor