Suggest treatment for pricking pain in the knee and pain in the leg
it's nerve irritation at local or higher level.
Thanks for the query. I have read it & understood your problem.
* The pin prick feeling below your right knee towards left part ( median compartment ) seems to be a neurological symptom because of involvement of nerve supplying that area. It can be-
- Trauma to the area causing damage to subcutaneous nerves of the area.. which are intermittently irritated to cause the sensation. History of fall/ hit to the part is present in such cases.
- Nerve pressure or nerve kinking at higher levels ( lumber spinal problems / hip /knee) is another possibility. This is due to degenerative changes in spine/ compression of nerve at sciatic notch of pelvis/ bony spur ).
- Diabetic neuropathy can rarely cause such symptoms
* you need a family doctor's advise/ investigations for primary assessment of the problem with needful referral to experts ( orthopedic surgeon/ diabetologist ) for specific management.
* treatment would be cause specific.
I hope that satisfies you. Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Injection treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for muscle pain on legs
- Suggest treatment for pain under the leg and knees
- Knee joint pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for leg pain
- Suggest treatment for leg pain and weakness
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?