Suggest treatment for presence of cyst post laparoscopy surgery

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: in the month of april 2014, i had gone through a laproscopy surgery of ovarian cyst. After 3 months i.e. July 2014, i had my ultrasound done and a cyst was again found (just 4 days before my periods.) and today 1 august 2014, i again had my USG whole abdomen and a cyst is there (based on my cycle, 3rd august would be my ovulation day). Explain?
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Cysts have a high chance of recurrence so that is why you are seeing them.

Also if the capsule of the cyst is not removed completely (decortication) then also there is a chance to recur.

Can you tell me the size of the cyst?

Dr. Som Biswas MD

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 1 minute later
It is 29mm.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its a very small cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX ,

Its a very small cyst. Do not worry.

Right now you do not need to do anything. Just get a sonography after 1 month.

If it increases then follow up with me.

Dr. Som
Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 2 minutes later
This is the second USG done today 1 august 2014. Earlier which was done on 14 July 2014, it was also ~29mm.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Do not worry.

Since the size is same most probably its a benign cyst.

It happens in some women without any reason.

Unless you are having discomfort or if the size increases you do not have to do anything about it at all.

Also what was the report of the cyst tissue taken out during laparoscopy?