• question-icon

Suggest treatment for presence of blood in urine

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi

My mother in law is 50 years old. She has underactive thyroid, borderline diabetes, asthma and arthritis. Every other day she is experiencing some blood in her urine. What do you recommend she gets checked. Another person suggested she has her kidney checked. Please advise her what to do?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
She neds to consult Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Blood in urine (Hematuria) at the age of 50 years can be due to one of the following three reasons .
1) Infection (Cystitis)
2) Urinary stone disease
3) Mass in urinary system

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Endoscopic Examination of Bladder (Cystoscopy).
4) C.T Scan of Kidney ,Ureter and Bladder

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist