Suggest treatment for premature graying and rough hair

Dermatologist
Question
Dear Team,

I am suffering from pre mature greying of hair & rough hair. I m 25 yrs old. Please suggest how to overcome this problem.
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Melitane

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for posting on HCM.
I can understand your apprehension regarding the premature greying of hair.

Greying of hair occurs when the melanin of a particular hair follicle is permanently exhausted.Premature greying of hair is attributed to many factors like diet,nutrition, UV rays, pollution, cosmetics/dyes/colors, genetics, medications etc.

Treatment of grey hair is pretty challenging and results are highly variable.
I would advise you to take biotin and calcium pantothenate combination tablets for atleast 6-8 months.

Recent research has brought up a new molecule Melitane which has shown good results in premature greying of hair. It is available by Alembic pharma with brand name ATRIS gel. It should be applied over affected scalp once a day preferably at night. It takes 3-4 months of treatment to appreciate any results.

A novel hair sunscreen cum hair serum Q sera Black has shown good results in prevention of hair damage from sun and pollution and it will nourish your hair and improve its texture.

Use a gentle shampoo cum conditioner like Xgain shampoo on regular basis for hairwash.

Take plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and try to de-stress your lifestyle.

I am sure this will take care of your issue.

Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.

Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda